Tuesday 26 February 2013

Hey everybody!

Welcome to Hey Illustration! 

This is a brand new blog for professional Illustrators, aspiring Illustrators and people who love Illustration. Yes - you guessed it - we'll be talking a lot about Illustration. 

I'd like to cover the many aspects of being an Illustrator, from professional practice to cultivating creativity. The blog will include useful info and tips, interviews and studio visits with illustrators, chat about materials and techniques, reviews of exhibitions and books and advice from people who know better.

And who are you, I hear you ask? My name's Abi Heyneke. I'm a 27 year old Illustrator, figuring out what professional life is all about.

This is my face.

  
I live in Peckham, South London, with my husband, Josh, and our cat, Frank. I studied Art Direction & Graphic Design at Red & Yellow in Cape Town. I quite enjoy being a know-it-all, even though I definitely don't.

I decided to start Hey Illustration! because there are lots of great design blogs out there that include Illustration, but it's hard to find one that is dedicated to Illustration and information that is specifically for Illustrators. When I started as a freelancer I probably underestimated the amount that there is to learn about illustration in practice and as a profession. After nearly 3 years freelancing I'm still learning and I hope to never stop! 

This blog is for learning and sharing so if you're interested please follow and help to spread the word.
Any comments or questions down below and let me know if there's any topic you're particularly curious about and would like me to take a look at on Hey Illustration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Weeks Popular Posts